UPSC Civil Services Examinations (IAS, IPS, IFS etc.)
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) are a body constituted under Article 315 of Constitution of India. One of the functions of the Commission as laid down in Article 320 of the Constitution is to conduct examinations for appointment to various services of the Union and the All India Services. We are focused on Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination.
Paper pattern for Prelim examination.
Paper I - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
• Current events of national and international importance
• History of India and Indian National Movement
• Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
• Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
• Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion,
Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
• General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
• General Science.
Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
• Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
• Logical reasoning and analytical ability
• Decision making and problem solving
• General mental ability
• Basic numeracy (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
• English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
• The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
After selection in prelim exam student has to clear main examination.
Main examination is composed of
A. English 300 Marks
B. Regional Language 300 marks
These two papers are qualifying papers. The marks obtained in these papers are not considered in the score.
- General Studies
- Optional 1
- Optional 2
- Total Paper's marks
Approximately 800 to 1200 Students are selected after the interview, out of 4,00,000 applicants of Prelim.
As 800 to 1,200 Students are selected after the interview, from approximately 4,00,000 applicants of Prelim, We are not giving any guaranty for the selection in any case. Student’s hard work and our efforts in the right directions are helpful.
This study center is working at Swatantryaveer Savarkar Rashtriya Smarak as Swatantryveer Savarkar Training and Guidance Center. FOR DETAILS GO TO sstagc.page.tl